So you’re feeling the cooler weather. You need a delicious drink. Enter…KETO DIRTY CHAI…
What the?! I hear some of you saying.
It’s a “thing” in my world to meld as many things that bring me joy into the one day.
So I LOVE CHAI.
I LOVE COFFEE (just one a day)
And I love drinking coffee the bulletproof way (fats added, then frothed)
So this morning I created a super delicious way to enjoy all of the above, with no sugar, super low dairy, no gluten and LOTS of flavour.
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Brew 1 tbsp coffee (pref organic) with 150ml boiling water and add to a french press or I use an aeropress.
- Take 1 tsp chai tea leaves and add to the brewed coffee (I use a steeping ball so the leaves aren’t messy in the coffee)
- Let this brew for about 5 mins
- Add to high speed blender with 1 tsp butter (use coconut oil if vegan or allergic to dairy) + another 50ml boiling water and blend for 15 sec. Thermomix; add brewed coffee/chai + butter and heat 2min 55 degrees sp1, then blend 15sec, Sp8.
- Pour into your favourite mug, and enjoy the buttery dirty chai goodness!
Just so you know…the reason why this drink is considered “ketogenic” is because it contains high fats, no carbs/sugar. When we eat super low carb, our body relies on fats for energy. Ketones are a by-product of fat burning, hence the term “keto” diet.
What’s your experience with chai? Coffee? Ketogenic diet? Leave a comment below.